top of page

News 10/9/23

A crash yesterday afternoon closed 3400 east from Polk Street to Kimberly Meadows in Twin Falls for several hours. According to the Twin Falls County Sheriff, a pickup was struck by a train. There were no injuries reported.

Tamlyn Leigh Ulin-Gilson the Former president of the American Federation of Government Employees Local Union pleaded guilty to wire fraud after stealing more than $40,000 from the union and spending it at casinos and on other personal expenses. The federal labor organization represents about 1,100 medical support staff at Boise's U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Healthcare System and other associated clinics. She faces 20 years in prison.

Four senior Idaho Attorney General staffers are leaving the office. Idaho Solicitor General Theo Wold and Labrador’s chief of staff, Tim Frost. Lincoln Davis Wilson, chief of the Civil and Constitutional Defense Division and the office’s communications director, Beth Cahill, also is leaving. A fired deputy attorney general last month filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against the Attorney General’s Office, alleging retaliation after raising ethical concerns.

A head on crash of two semi-trucks early Friday morning along I-84 near Mountain Home claimed the lives of both drivers. The crash just before 7 am closed the freeway in that area for 12 hours.

Another crash at the corner of Fillmore Street and Pole line road in Twin Falls sent a 65 year old Rupert man to the hospital. It happened when a semi-truck failed to stop at the intersection while the passenger truck was attempting to make a U-turn. The intersection was closed for nearly 5 hours.

A record influx of state and federal funding is paying for a $140 million transformation of Idaho state parks that officials say will benefit Idahoans and visitors for generations to come. Two funding sources have come together to create what one state legislator calls a once-in-a-generation opportunity to invest in and protect Idaho state parks.

Monitoring by fish and game officials continue along the Snake River as treatment for the Quagga mussel continues. Earlier fish were tagged. As of now they have found few dead fish but caution that it’s early in the treatment process. Fish mortality could be noted through the month officials say.

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page